- This event has passed.
James-Younger Gang Conference – 2017
September 28, 2017 - October 1, 2017$89.00
CONFERENCE OPEN TO ALL – SIGN UP BELOW
Annual Conference 2017 – National James-Younger Gang Inc. Georgetown, Kentucky
Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017
4:00 pm Check-In Comfort Suites Hotel
5:00-9:00 – Conference Room, Comfort Suites
Reception with Author Fair & Book Signing – Featured Authors: Eddie Price, Eric F. James, Gerald Fisher, William A. Penn, James M. Pritchard, Kent Masterson Brown, Sue Kelly Ballard, Bryan Bush, Dan Pence, Ronald Wolford Blair, & Frank Kuron. Read more about these extraordinary authors and their books HERE.
7:00 pm Eddie Price, author of Widder’s Landing, performing “What I Saw at Cane Ridge”
Friday, Sept 29, 2017
9-12:00: Conference Room, Comfort Suites
9-10:00: Jesse James Identity Theft. Mark Bampton of Ampthill, England: Topic – A Forensic Analysis of the Bob Ford/Jesse James Photo Hoax
10:30-11:30: Eric F. James, author of This Bloody Ground, Vol. II of Jesse James Soul Liberty; Topic – The story of Frank & Jesse’s grandfather John M. James from the American Revolution to revolution against banks
1:00-2:30: Conference Room, Comfort Suites
- Dr. James C. Klotter, Kentucky State Historian; author of The History and Culture of Central Kentucky, 1792-1852; Kentucky Justice, Southern Honor, and American Manhood. Topic: Student Life at Georgetown College
- Dr. Glen Taul; Topic – Georgetown’s Records of Rev. Robert Sallee James & Rev. John James
2:30-5:00: CARPOOL TOUR
3:00-4:00: Ward Hall
- Ron Bryant, former research historian, Kentucky History Center. Sustaining the Southern Plantation Life of William Ward, Richard Mentor Johnson, & their Lightfoot, Chinn, & Pence Slave Families
4:15-4:45: Georgetown College, Ensor Library-James artifacts display
5:00: Business Meeting: Comfort Suites
Saturday, Sept 30, 2017
9:00-12:00: Conference Room, Comfort Suites
9:00-10:00: Living Descendants of John Hunt Morgan’s Captured Rebels Ben T. Calvert, a descendant of John Thomas Calvert of John Hunt Morgan’s men, discusses his family’s six generations in Stamping Ground, his descent from Anthony Lindsay and his recent restoration and preservation of Lindsay Cemetery. Joining him is Asa Castle, a descendant of David Hunt James, also captured with his brother Richard Skinner James, Morgan, and Calvert. Both Calvert & James are cousins of Frank & Jesse James. Joining Ben & Asa is Kathy Hall who will speak about her ancestor Louis Singleton Price. While captured, Price wrote letters to his family, which Kathy will share.
10:30-12:00: Guerrilla Symposium: Topic – What Made a Civil War Guerrilla?
- Gerald W. Fisher author of Guerrilla Warfare in Civil War Kentucky
- James M. Prichard, Civil War Guerrilla Collections at the Filson Historical Society, author of Embattled Capital, Frankfort During the Civil War
- Dr. Thomas J. Sabetta of the University of Kentucky, currently writing two books, one about Capt. Delos T. “Yankee” Bligh who pursued the James Gang, and another on “Dynamite” Dick Mitchel, a rider with John Hunt Morgan, Basil Duke, Sue Munday, and Sam Berry.
- Kent Masterson Brown Esq., author & film documentarian, The Civil War in Kentucky: Battle for the Bluegrass State, First editor Civil War magazine, former chairman of Gettysburg National Military Park Advisory Commission & Perryville Battlefield Commission
12-5:00: BUS TOUR
- Wallace Station – Box Lunch
- Black Horse Inn, Airdrie Farm, Nantura Farm – Dennis Smith
- Cole Family’s Midway Presbyterian Church, Cole’s Bad Tavern, Cole Cemetery: Scott Richard Cole, Board of Directors, Liberty Bank Museum, Liberty, Missouri
- Great Crossings Church – From Rebel Preachers to Missouri Missions
- Judge James Madison Lindsay Home – Site of Robert Sallee & Zerelda Cole James Wedding & the Zee James Collection discovery
7:00-10:00: Banquet: Wilshire’s Restaurant Special Guest Speaker: J. Mark Beamis, second great-grandson of Drury Woodson James & son of Joan Malley Beamis, author of Background of a Bandit.
Sunday, Oct 1, 2017 – Adjourned
Maps provided to self-tour the Bluegrass & additional historical sites
ENTIRE CONFERENCE $89.00 – Includes Banquet dinner
THURSDAY ONLY $ 20.00
FRIDAY ONLY $ 30.00
SATURDAY ONLY $ 40.00 – Banquet excluded
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM HERE
RESERVE HOTEL NOW
Discount room rates are available now at Comfort Suites in Georgetown, Kentucky.
The group rate for the James-Younger Gang is $85/night for two adults plus applicable taxes. $10 more for each additional person. Amenities include a deluxe complimentary breakfast, indoor heated pool, fitness facility, guest laundry, & game room. Each suite has a micro fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, alarm clock radio, iron & ironing board, sofa sleeper, and wired & wireless Internet.
CRAVING SOME SWAG ?
The official tee shirt of the James-Younger Gang and Family conference is available now.
Chose from 9 colors in sizes small to 6X.
Order by July 1 for July 15th delivery.
RELATED: Take a PREVIEW TOUR now with Dan Pence, Tom Nall, & Eric F. James as they make final conference arrangements.
Follow event UPDATES on Facebook.
SIGN UP for the CONFERENCE NEWSLETTER
- September 28, 2017
- October 1, 2017
- Event Categories:
- Author Fair, Book Signing, Lecture, Meeting, tour
- Event Tags:
- Background of a Bandit, book fair, book signing, Bryan Bush, conference, Eddie Price, Eric F. James, Frank Kuron, gang, Georgetown, Georgetown College, Gerald W. Fischer, Glen Taul, J. Mark Beamis, James, James C. Klotter, James M. Pritchard, James Younger Gang, Kent Masterson Brown, Mark Bapmton, presenter, Ron Bryant, Ronald Wolford Blair, Shirl Marks, speaker, Sue Kelly Ballard, Ward Hall, Younger
- James-Younger Gang Inc
- Stray Leaves
- Comfort Suites Hotel, Georgetown, Kentucky
121 Darby Drive
Georgetown, KY United States + Google Map