OPEN TO EVERYONE INTERESTED – SIGN UP BELOW
Annual Conference 2017 – National James-Younger Gang Inc. Georgetown, Kentucky
Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017
4-9 pm: Registration – Author Fair & Book Signing
Friday, Sept 29, 2017
9-10:00: Jesse James Identity Theft. Mark Bampton of Ampthill, England: Topic – A Forensic Analysis of the Bob Ford/Jesse James Photo Hoax
10:30-12:00: Eric F. James, author of This Bloody Ground, Vol. II of Jesse James Soul Liberty; Topic – The story of Frank & Jesse’s grandfather John M. James from the American Revolution to revolution against banks
1:30-3:00: Georgetown College
- Dr. Glen Taul; Topic – Georgetown’s Records of Rev. Robert Sallee James & Rev. John James
- Dr. James C. Klotter, Kentucky State Historian; Topic & author of The History and Culture of Central Kentucky, 1792-1852; Kentucky Justice, Southern Honor, and American Manhood
3:30-4:30: Ward Hall
- Sustaining the Southern Plantation Life of William Ward, Richard Mentor Johnson, & their Pence Slaves
5:00: Business Meeting
Saturday, Sept 30, 2017
9:00-10:00: Shirl Marks, co-founder of The African-American Genealogy Group of Kentucky, descendant of enslaved Pence family; Topic & author of The Enslaved Pence & Chinn Families of Scott County
10:30-12:00: Guerilla Symposium: Topic – What Made a Civil War Guerrilla?
- Gerald Fisher author of Guerrilla Warfare in Civil War Kentucky
- James M. Pritchard, Civil War Guerrilla Collections at the Filson Historical Society, author of Embattled Capital, Frankfort During the Civil War
- Dr. Thomas J. Sabetta of the University of Kentucky, currently writing two books, one about Capt. Delos T. “Yankee” Bligh who pursued the James Gang, and another on “Dynamite” Dick Mitchel, a rider with John Hunt Morgan, Basil Duke, Sue Munday, and Sam Berry.
- Kent Masterson Brown Esq., author & film documentarian, The Civil War in Kentucky: Battle for the Bluegrass State, First editor Civil War magazine, former chairman of Gettysburg National Military Park Advisory Commission & Perryville Battlefield Commission
12-1:30: Lunch – Wallace Station – Box Lunch
- Blackhorse Inn, Airdrie Farm, Nantura Farm
- Cole’s Bad Tavern, Cole Cemetery: Scott Richard Cole, Board of Directors, Liberty Bank Museum, Liberty, Missouri
- Great Crossings Church – From Rebel Preachers to Missouri Missions
- Judge James Madison Lindsay Home – Site of Robert Sallee & Zerelda Cole James Wedding & the Zee James Collection discovery
7:00-10:00: Banquet: Wilshire’s Restaurant. Guest speaker: Bill Samuels Jr., 2nd great grand-nephew of Dr. Reuben Samuels, author of Maker’s Mark: My Autobiography
Sunday, Oct 1, 2017 – Adjourned
Maps provided to self-tour the Bluegrass & additional historical sites
RELATED: Take a PREVIEW TOUR now with Dan Pence, Tom Nall, & Eric F. James as they make final conference arrangements .
RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM NOW
Discount room rates are available now at Comfort Suites in Georgetown, Kentucky.
The group rate for the James-Younger Gang is $85/night for two adults plus applicable taxes. $10 more for each additional person. Amenities include a deluxe complimentary breakfast, indoor heated pool, fitness facility, guest laundry, & game room. Each suite has a micro fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, alarm clock radio, iron & ironing board, sofa sleeper, and wired & wireless internet.
SIGN UP for RESERVATIONS & UPDATES
Final conference pricing & reservations will not be available until June 1, 2017. The anticipated cost per attendee is $99.00 or less, which includes attendance at all events, bus tour, banquet dinner, & complimentary 2017 membership in the James-Younger Gang. Attendance may be limited. To pre-reserve your attendance now and be notified of all updates and news, submit the pre-reservation form below.