Sudden Death – Diary of a Covid Victim

While posting her daily battle against Covid-19 on Facebook, Judy Rae Davis Gibson of our family gives us an inadvertent first-hand record of the perniciousness of Covid-19, as the virus claimed the life of her husband in a swift 18 days. Covid overtook Robert Melvin Gibson Sr. with sudden death. Other lives among Judy’s family, who also are infected by the virus, still hang in the balance of more sudden death.

The suffering of Judy and her family with Covid and sudden death is a lesson and a caution for us all. Though now, sudden death due to Covid is too common an experience throughout America.

Home » Sudden Death – Diary of a Covid Victim

Estimated reading time: 8 minutes

Life, as Normal

July 22, 2021

Hubby headed to church to cut grass. We had so much afternoon rain that he had to cut ours again.

Robert Melvin Gibson Sr. at leisure before Covid. Masthead banner above: Robert Melvin Gibson Sr., proud veteran raising his flags at home in Athens, Georgia

August 14 at 10:36 AM

I guess hubby decided to cut our grass. It’s too hot out!

August 17 at 2:42 PM

Got to get hubby doing something. Being cooped up inside is driving him nutty. Or should I say, me…

Feeling Bad

August 18 at 8:26 AM

Hubby is not up to par today. Says he feels bad. Prayers requested.

Update: he’s still feeling ick. But no covid signs at all. He just overdoes things.

Update 2: Seems better no fever just sinus junk.

Robert Melvin Gibson Sr. at the onset of Covid

August 20 at 9:14 PM

Headed to bed. Please pray I don’t get hubby’s cold…

August 21 at 2:11 AM

Been up for a couple of hours. Leg cramps, coughing, and headache. Took ibuprofen. Praying for relief.

August 21 at 6:47 AM

Both of us had a really rough night. Hubby’s chest bothering him, even this morning. Please pray that it stops. It’s his angina. As for me, my legs hurt so bad I finally took something for them. But then there’s the coughing. With sinus issues, any time of change in weather or temperature gets me coughing so hard it gives me a headache. Pray for both of us to get over our colds. Been tested, it’s not the C.

August 23 at 1:13 AM

Hubby still having pains. Sitting up with him to see if it settles down.

August 23 at 2:32 PM

I’m headed to bed. Going to try and sweat this out of me

Tested Positive for Covid

August 25 at 3:54 PM

Prayers for me, Robert, my oldest son, his wife, his two small grandkids, and Brittany. We have all tested positive for covid. Brittany is expecting and due in October.

We are all doing our best to stay away from each other.

All we need now is for the last 4 to test positive and our property will be fully quarantined.

Items that would be helpful are, Lysol, Wipes, beef broth, and adult hydration drinks. I’ve been really dehydrated and don’t want to end up in hospital. Neither Robert nor I are eating much.

My little family is so sick.

August 26 at 5:30 AM

Hubby is still doing a lot of coughing. When he wakes up, he’ll check his temp. So long as it’s not 101.3 he can stay home. Otherwise, it’s off to the hospital as directed. As for me, I feel like I might be on the downside.

People please if you’ve been around anyone who is positive stay away from family and friends, and public places. You are risking some entire families. My family is one of those who were exposed unknowingly and now I have one of the 8 in the hospital. She is due in October and they are high risk.

Please pray for her.

At the Hospital

August 26 at 8:57 PM

At the hospital getting fluids again. Been sick all day.

August 27 at 3:14 AM

Update

They’re keeping me

I have covid pneumonia

August 28 at 8:12 AM

Getting released from the hospital today. Yay!

August 28 at 12:58 PM

Got home about two hours ago. Rested a minute, sprayed, and wiped down all the touchable areas. Rested, pulled the sheets, etc off the bed, rested. Remade the beds, rested. Took shower and now I’m done can’t lift another finger.

I want to say thank you to my family, my extended family for the help and love.

In the Hospital

August 29 at 4:55 AM

Just got home from taking my hubby to the hospital around 8ish. After running all the tests and the different doctors going the extra mile by giving him chest X-Rays, CT, blood gas tests, he ordered him fluids, antibiotic fluid, steroids, and then just waiting for all the results to get in they let him come home. As there are no beds on the covid floor. But he did say if he begins to hyperventilate any bring him back and he’d admit him until a room is available. He still has a cough, but that is because it’s covid pneumonia. He’s in the other room resting and I’m resting in the bedroom. I’m exhausted!

August 30 at 7:27 PM

My hubby and I have been diagnosed with covid pneumonia this past week. I was hospitalized for three days. He was in the ER twice. I can tell you this is nothing to play with. All I’ve done is sleep. He has been a little more mobile than me.

I haven’t been on FB for this reason. Please continue all the prayers. You can text me and I’ll answer when I can. I’m not taking calls at this time.

August 31 at 1:04 PM

Prayer warriors, we need prayers. Husband is having a real hard time with this covid pneumonia. He had a spell of gasping for air. I still have shortness of breath. Please pray that his body will heal quickly. He doesn’t handle sickness very well at all.

September 1 at 1:54 PM

I had to call 911 last night. Husband is in hospital on a floor where I know he’ll get the best of care. His breathing is labored and difficult. PLEASE PRAY FOR FULL RECOVERY!

September 4 at 6:56 PM

Ok, I haven’t been on here lately because of a very trying day. First, I get a call from the doctor on the covid floor trying to make me make a life decision, I broke down. After I recovered myself and talked with the kids, I decided to see if the nurse had a smartphone. She did and I got to see my husband. I gave him some encouragement and told him how much he needs to fight this thing they are calling Covid Pneumonia. And come home.

So, later they called and said they were moving him to ICU. He’s still on a CPAP and they are doing the same protocol they were doing upstairs.

I got to zoom call him and he does look tired, but I’m beginning to understand some things I didn’t know before. Why are they calling it covid pneumonia, instead of just pneumonia? $$$$. Why do they want to put everyone on ventilators?

I’m going to ask big-time questions tomorrow and they better have the right answers.

Pray they listen to me and do what I ask!

I will post an update as soon as possible. Please, I’m doing the best I can to answer everyone but if I don’t answer you, please don’t hold it against me.

REBUKING DEATH AND CLAIMING LIFE!

Sudden Death

September 5, 2021

My foundation and the love of my life. R.I.P 9/5/2021

Victim of sudden death by the Covid-19 virus
Robert Melvin Gibson Sr., remembered by his wife Judy Rae Davis Gibson

September 5, 2021

Posted on Facebook by granddaughter Whitney Snow

This morning we received the call that my Papaw, Robert Melvin Gibson Sr., passed away. This has hit my family really hard. Please pray for us as we navigate through this grief. ???? Your brats will miss you Papaw. Until I see you again…. ?     Semper Fi, my favorite Marine!

Young Robert Melvin Gibson Sr. in the Marine Corps, as remembered by his granddaughter

Retesting

September 6, 2021

Having a retest as scheduled and getting something for my sinuses.  Oh yay

September 6, 2021

Thank you, Lord, for my negative results.  I knew I was negative but with what has taken place these last few weeks, I needed this result.

Still fighting sudden death and the Covid-19 virus
Judy Rae Davis Gibson, author of Sudden Death, Diary of a Covid Victim

The descendant line of Judy Rae Davis from Elisha Rollins James, with historic photos. First identified by Stray Leaves and published as a New Found Line of the James family in 1998.

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
Wednesday September 15th, 2021
Stray Leaves

Have you considered it? See MoreSee Less

Have you considered it?
Tuesday September 7th, 2021
Stray Leaves

COVID HAS STRUCK THE JAMES FAMILY AGAIN . . . "My foundation and the love of my life. R.I.P 9/5/2021" – Judy Rae Davis-Gibson, spouse of Robert Melvin Gibson Sr. and 3rd great-granddaughter of John J. James & Mary Jane "Polly" Carrell. See MoreSee Less

COVID HAS STRUCK THE JAMES FAMILY AGAIN . . . My foundation and the love of my life. R.I.P 9/5/2021 - Judy Rae Davis-Gibson, spouse of Robert Melvin Gibson Sr. and 3rd great-granddaughter of John J. James & Mary Jane Polly Carrell.
Wednesday September 1st, 2021
Stray Leaves

Greg James posted the following to his immediate family a few hours ago:
"I’m currently dealing with a heavy heart and confusion. My wife Judy suddenly passed away today and I’m asking for prayers and good thoughts. Thank you!"
Judy is the second wife of John Gregory "Greg" James. Greg’s first wife, Beverly Ann Brown, is the mother of Greg’s James descendants. Regardless, we send Greg our sympathies and condolences.
See MoreSee Less

Greg James posted the following to his immediate family a few hours ago:
Im currently dealing with a heavy heart and confusion. My wife Judy suddenly passed away today and Im asking for prayers and good thoughts. Thank you!
Judy is the second wife of John Gregory Greg James. Gregs first wife, Beverly Ann Brown, is the mother of Gregs James descendants. Regardless, we send Greg our sympathies and condolences.

Comment on Facebook

So sorry to hear about your wife Judy`s passing! Our prayers are with you!🙏

Deepest condolences. 🙏

Tuesday August 31st, 2021
Stray Leaves

Very sad news. Frank Younger has died. Details of his memorial service appear in the Comments below. See MoreSee Less

Comment on Facebook

FRANK YOUNGER'S MEMORIAL SERVICE . . . November 18, 1940 – August 28, 2021. Frank Younger sadly passed away suddenly at age 80 as a result of an accident in his home. Frank was predeceased by his parents, Paul and Margaret (and stepmother Irene). He is survived by his wife, Sharon, and their three children, Pauline (Mike), Matt (Zoe), and Tom (Tamara), and grandson, Paul. Frank loved his family and always enjoyed sharing his encouragement, wisdom, and inimitable sense of humor with them. His contributions to the lives of many include his commitment to his career as an Astronomer at the Dominion Astrophysical Observatory (Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics), his ongoing participation in local classical orchestras (including the odd instrument repair), and mentoring of many friends in any way he could. Frank’s recent endeavors included attending and helping run the James Younger Gang club as well as writing and reading his poetry. Frank has often enjoyed and been seen as having contrasting traits including riding his Harley motorcycle to a string quartet practice or cleaning his antique gun collection prior to reading his latest poetry writings to gangster club members. His unique character and compassion for all of his friends and family will be missed. You are invited to Frank Younger’s online Memorial Service. Please feel free to share the meeting link below as you see fit. You can join from any web browser using a computer, tablet, or smartphone. This will be a short memorial (20 – 30 minutes). We will not be able to provide any technical support on the day of the memorial. If you have any questions about how to join us using Zoom, please contact Zoë Younger at 778-828-9971 before Friday. We will be recording the memorial, so if you have difficulty logging in, or if you miss it, you will be able to view it at a different time. There will not be an opportunity to speak to all attendees during the service, however, if you wish to share a story with the family via email, we will be assembling a collection before the weekend. Please click the link below to join us. Topic: Frank Younger’s Memorial Service Time: Sep 3, 2021 03:00 PM Vancouver Join Zoom Meeting us02web.zoom.us/j/89203244337?pwd=QkU5b01uNzdZMWZNWmIwTUVPYllVUT09 Meeting ID: 892 0324 4337 Passcode: Frank Thank you, Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting us02web.zoom.us

I was devastated when I received the email. I spoke to Frank and Sharon a month or so ago. We had a nice talk. I will miss him dearly.

I was fortunate enough to have met and talked with Frank. He impressed me as a nice and knowledgeable man.

Load MORE